Tuesday, January 6, 2015

A few of my favourite things


Instead of listing all possible 1st world problems, I’d like to look to the positive and list some 1st world advantages/good situations. If there come a time when the dog bites, the bee stings, when I’m feeling sad, and I have to sing about my favourite things, I don’t think doorbells and sleighbells and schnitzel with noodles will cut it.

So I thought of making my own version that does not rhyme but may help with not feeling so bad – here are a few of my favourite things:

* Typing on a springy keyboard with freshly cut fingernails
* Having taken just enough pegs for the amount of laundry
* Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes (this I must agree)
* Hotel linen with high thread count
* Fresh bed sheets
* Tearing perforated paper
* Watching windscreen wiper do its thing in the rain
* Opening the fridge/freezer door on a hot summer’s day
* Clearing up the spam mail in my inbox
* Sticky date pudding
* Hearing the tiny stone getting sucked up and rattling in my vacuum cleaner
·        

In some ways… I don’t feel so sad now, I just feel a little OCD. If only I could make them all rhyme, then I could write a song about all my favourite things. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment